OpenTeacher is an opensource application that helps you learn a variety of subjects, including English language.
You just enter the questions and the answers, or download them from the internet, and OpenTeacher tests you.
OpenTeacher has the following features:
- Viewing both recent and past results of tests with graphs
- Smart question asking and interval training
- Learn typing with our Typing Tutor which adapts itself to your skills
- Print your word lists
- Available in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Sinhalese, Spanish and Turkish
- Apart from Windows, it is also available for Mac, Linux, and other operating system.
- Start OpenTeacher and click the 'Create words lesson' button to make a new word lesson.
- Enter a title for the word list you are going to enter. Also enter the known language, then enter all words you want to learn in the words table.
- Click the 'Teach me!' tab on the bottom to start the test. A word will now be asked to you in your own language, and you'll have to type the translation of it in the text field. When you have entered the translation, press Enter on your keyboard, or click 'Check!'
- Once the test is completed, OpenTeacher will tell you if you did well by giving you a note.
Language software packages can only supplement a course in a language school. A software package can help to memorize new words and practice familiar grammar. If you want English words and grammar rules to develop into a coherent speech, it is preferable to study in a reliable language school with professional native teachers.